Friday, October 24, 2014

Why I love Halloween

Halloween has to be one of my favorite days of the year although you couldn't tell that by looking at my house. I never really decorate for it, but I love to dress up for it. I love the fact that you can be anything you want this time of year. It's the one time you can bring out some of your inner demons and not be judged for it; it's an escape from the reality of our hum drum or hectic lives. We can be that slutty nurse out in public instead of just in the bedroom or that scary ugly monster because that's what's really on the inside sometimes when you only see the outside as beautiful.

I am sad that this year I am not well enough to attend a friend of mine's annual Halloween party like I usually do because of my surgery,but maybe if there is one in the future I can. I always had fun planning my costumes for this party. The neighbors got together and all talked about what we were going to be for it well in advance and by advance I mean in August we were talking about it.

When I was a child I loved dressing up. Do you remember those God awful plastic flammable costumes we had and the masks that damn near smothered us? Then going out and trick o treating in the neighborhood or being poor like I was we would drive over to the "rich kids" neighborhood and get candy from them. They always had the good candy while we had the cheap stuff.. LOL
At school we would have parties and the room mother would come and decorate and pass out stuff for us.We got to wear our costumes to school and there was no fear of weapons or offending someone's religious rights; we weren't so politically correct. God what happened? It was an awesome day,better than Christmas to me.I loved it when I got to see my mom there too.

So this Halloween bring out your inner demon and let loose after all it's the one day out of the year that you can be free to be yourself. I invite you to post a Halloween picture from the past on my Facebook page under this blog if you would like. I don't think you can post it to Blogger. I love seeing all the awesome creative costumes and ones that bring back memories.
It's the one day a year you can be creative and childlike and it's totally acceptable. So with that I will leave you with this picture of me as a child at one of my favorite parties at school and a few others of Halloween's past .I was in first grade and many of you that are in this picture I still keep in contact with. :) In case you can't see me in the school pics , I'm the only white girl.LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment