Sunday, July 6, 2014

Love thy neighbors

This past July 4th I was soooo bummed. I was sad because ...well life got in the way as it sometimes does. This "life" issue had me down and out and so I thought it would be good to be surrounded by family and friends to boost my spirits. I was enthusiastic about having everyone over for the holiday until slowly one by one they were not going to be able to attend. My dismal outlook on life grew and I became dismayed at this. I really didn't want to celebrate anymore ,it just wasn't the same without them.
We are a tight knit group , so much that these wonderful people have become an extended part of my family and I would do anything for them. I hope they know that and if not...well ,they do now.
Anyways I continued on with the day doing an informal cookout. I invited my brothers over and then everything just fell into place. Everyone showed up! Everyone that wasn't going to be able to attend ...did and it brought me so much joy. I realized then that these neighbors are more than that they ARE family and it filled my heart. I'm so truly blessed to have you all and never have I lived anywhere  where there is an actual bonding of the community. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else and am proud to have you guys as neighbors and friends.
Also on that note Dean welcome to the neighborhood it's so weird that our kids play together now and we grew up together and Derek and you and I were hanging out again like we did in school.  Makes me feel old. Haha ,anyways we are glad you and your family are here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment