Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Immigrants and understanding

Hello all,
Lately all I see are hate filled posts on immigration reform.Well I'm sure I'm going to catch some heat on this topic and I don't have an answer only this, I ask that you read this with an open heart and understand hopefully a little better about these people flooding the U.S.

For one I would like to dispel the rumor that these people are all Mexicans. It's racist comments like that ,that has driven me to write this blog.blog. I've learned that misinformation and fear breeds hate so let me inform you if you haven't been already. You see these people are from Guatemala, El Salvador and so on...they are NOT all Mexicans and to label them as such is an insult. I for one do not want to be categorized as an Eskimo because I was born in Alaska just because you didn't take the time to get to know me. These people are deathly afraid to live their lives where they were,so much that they are fleeing to us to help while we sit by and do nothing but complain.
Now, yes I understand that we as a country are still in an economic pit and we can barely help ourselves ,but I also understand that WE all of us were at one time all immigrants. Our families too were unwelcome and unwanted. My Irish family came here in the late 1800's during the potato famine and my Polish family immigrated here during or right before the war with Hitler to escape to a better life. Can you blame them? America is the promise of hope, a new life, dreams to become reality and these poor families just want a fraction of that.
What we need to do is stop griping and start taking action, we need to go down there and fight to take their country back like we did for the Iraq people. It always boggled my mind that we were terrorized and we struck back and then paid to rebuild their country but we cannot do this for a country that is our own back door? If we help them to get their economy stable and their country back against the war on drugs then it would be to the benefit to us I would think. The problem with this is I believe the drug cartels are what helps stimulate our economy and has a tremendous amount of influence in it and this is why America doesn't want to get involved too much.
Enough of that, the point I'm making is, don't judge these people before you've walked a mile in their shoes to get to this country and believe me they walked many more miles than us on our precious treadmills. They stepped outside of their comfort zone to save their selves, the least we could do is step out of ours as human beings, Christians, Wiccan's, Buddhist's what ever our religion or not. We NEED to act like more than selfish savages and be the beautiful souls I know we all could be. What you send out comes back to you, is this your legacy? To be hate filled or to be kind hearted and understanding. You make the choice.,I  choose love.

No comments:

Post a Comment